These are delicious alongside a cup of hot Chai Tea.
1 cup gallberry raw honey
2 tablespoons plain vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cocoa powder or instant coffee powder
1 tablespoon liqueur (Hazelnut liqueur works great) or sweet red wine
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon cinnamon - to taste
2 cups self-raising flour or 2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Lightly grease muffin baking pan or use baking paper or muffin paper cases.
- Combine the following ingredients in a bowl: Honey, Oil, Cocoa Powder, Cinnamon, Liqueur. Mix to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Add flour and baking powder. Stir until flour is just combined (do not over-mix).
- Add boiling water and mix well until all ingredients are uniform.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin holes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is firm to touch, golden browned or until a skewer inserted into the centre of 1 muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve (Optional – add a Scoop of Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream)