Tupelo honey is distinct for being a seasonal honey. The flowers of the tupelo gum tree bloom for only three weeks every year.
Also called Queen Honey, this honey is found in river basin areas of Florida – Apalachicola and Chipola. This article will provide insight into the many benefits of tupelo honey.
What is Tupelo Honey?
Tupelo honey is farmed in the Florida panhandle from the tupelo gum tree. The flowers of this tree, especially the white and green blossoms which the bees feed on, often require very good weather. They bloom within three weeks and harvest lasts for a brief period.
Farmers of Tupelo raw honey are experienced and meticulous in farming this kind of honey. In fact, tupelo gum trees are mostly found around river basins. The rivers run through Gulf County. Beekeepers place beehives on elevated platforms along the rivers’ edge. These trees are exceptional as they receive the best soil and water from these rivers.
When compared to other kinds of honey, tupelo honey is 100% pure, lighter, and milder. Its glucose content is highly minimal unlike many others and it has a higher fructose content. More so, it’s a perfect choice for tea and has many healthy properties. When buying original tupelo raw honey, you’ll observe its color (light amber) and non-crystalizing nature.
Tupelo raw honey has immense benefits, and we provide raw unprocessed, unheated honey with numerous health benefits. Diabetics may also enjoy tupelo honey because of its low glycemic index and mildly sweet taste.
6 Benefits of Raw Tupelo Honey
- Delicious Taste – The mildly sweet taste of tupelo honey pair well with cheese, ice cream and can be added to marinades. Diabetics can take this to satisfy their craving for sweet things.
- Easily Digestible – Because of the high fructose to glucose ratio, tupelo raw honey digests quicker and diabetics may benefit from this.
- Energy Source – Athletes who need energy quickly can take tupelo honey because it improves their performance for many hours.
- Weight Loss – Its antioxidant properties aid in weight loss and reduce the accumulation of fat.
- Injury Treatment – The antibacterial content of tupelo honey makes it a trusted healer for minor cut and wounds.
- Durable – Tupelo raw honey remains in liquid form for many years. Hence, you can preserve it without the fear that it will crystalize.
In all, Tupelo honey is a preferred choice for many people who know its value. The fact that it is labor-intensive contributes to its premium price. Yet, when you care about your health, you do everything possible to consume only the best! It’s high time you began to enjoy the benefits of tupelo honey.
Stefanie, Florida's Finest Raw Honey
FLORIDA'S FINEST RAW HONEY gives a tasty and healthy experience. You can relish the irresistible taste of raw unprocessed honey.